Profession of Pharmacy
Profession of Pharmacy
Students can prepare for a career in pharmacy through the professional B.Pharm. & D.Pharm program. The patient care pharmacist, often referred to as a clinical pharmacist, is highly educated in disease process, pharmacotherapy, and patient monitoring. Pharmacists review patient history and disease manifestations to guide the selection of cost-effective therapy. To optimize the outcome of medication use, the pharmacist remains in communication with patients, maximizing adherence to prescribed medication and patient response to therapeutic agents. Pharmacists work closely with interprofessional teams, including physicians, nurses, and other members of the health care team, to review and modify patient-care plans to improve patient outcomes, as required. Pharmacists emphasize disease prevention by providing immunizations, smoking cessation programs, and education about prominent chronic disease states. Pharmacy graduates focus on expanding the science of drug knowledge by creating and testing new drug molecules or using technology to develop new dosage forms. This field responds to needs identified by practicing pharmacists, who identify limitations in caring for patients. The pharmaceutical scientist is very knowledgeable in pharmacology, pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, and administration. The Master of Science (M.S.) in Pharmaceutical Affairs prepares students for managerial or sales positions in the pharmaceutical industry or positions in academia, governmental and nongovernmental agencies, and other health care systems. Graduates work with professionals in all areas of health care. To prepare for a diverse work environment, the School of Pharmacy prepares students through interprofessional education opportunities with other colleges within the Health Professions Division.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To offer high quality education, training and development of technical skills to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- To provide students with the knowledge, skills, judgment, professional attitudes, and creativity.
- To develop and enhance students’ skills in problem solving, critical thinking, individual and group communication.
- To facilitate and encourage the development of mature, independent, and life-long learners in a diverse student body with different learning styles.
- To contribute to the advancement of the clinical and basic medical and pharmaceutical sciences through independent and collaborative research, presentation and publication.
- To encourage students, faculty, and preceptors to grow as professionals and to optimize their skills and capabilities.
- To support continuing professional development of alumni thereby fostering a positive and continuing relationship with graduates.
- To cultivate an educational environment of inter-professional teamwork and collaboration among students, faculty, staff and administration.
FUTURE ACTION PLAN
- To strengthen industry-institute partnership.
- Enhancing Campus placement activities.
- Development of Virtual Class Room.
- To procure further research grants from central and state funding agencies.
- To develop further sophisticated instrumentation facility for research.
- To develop student activity room for indoor games.
- Diploma of Pharmacy [D.Pharm.] 2 Yrs Programme.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy [B. Pharm.] 4 Yrs. Programme
Kindly visit LNCT University Admission Office at Kolar Road.
Call: 0755- 4049666 Mobile 7440777888