- Bachelor of Architecture course offered by School of Architecture LNCT University is a five years degree course divided in ten semesters of six months each. The course shall comprise of core, theory and applications subjects in each semester. Subject wise credit system shall be commensurate with number of teaching hours.
- The course shall have six months professional training in Xth semester as a part of curriculum. The training has to be undertaken by students in an architecture office of repute.
- An undergraduate thesis work is required to be submitted by the student at the end of Nineth semester. Synopsis for finalization of thesis topics shall be invited by students during ninth semester.
- Study tours to various places of architectural importance are also an integral part of the course.
- Internal assessment of core subjects shall be of 50 % and that of theory subjects shall be of 70%. Minimum 75% attendance shall be mandatory to be eligible to sit in Mid term and End term exams.
- A qualified student at the end of this program shall be eligible to be enrolled in register of Council of Architecture and shall be able to use title of ARCHITECT.
- Institutes of Architecture across the country are being run on obtaining due approvals granted by Council of Architecture constituted under Architects Act of 1972.
SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE
School of Architecture & Planning was established with an objective of imparting quality education via UG, PG, Diploma and Ph.D courses in Architecture.
|B. Arch||5 Year Degree Courses||1. 10+2 Pass with minimum 50% in Physics Chemistry & Maths as Qualifying Subjects and minimum 50% aggregate marks in XII th.|
10+3 Diploma pass with Maths as Compulsory Subject and minimum 50% aggregate.
2. NATA with minimum qualifying marks & Pass certificate OR JEE-Mains Paper II with Non zero positive score.
Council of Architecture India Habitat Centre
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NATA 2020
The First NATA test shall be conducted on 19th April 2020 while the second one will be conducted on 31st May 2020. There has been a revision in the question pattern of NATA 2020. The Drawing Test shall be conducted firstly as Part-A comprising 3 questions (125 marks) followed by Part – B which shall consist of 50 questions (MCQ) from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as well as General Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (75 marks). A copy of the “Examination Notice: NATA-2020” and “NATA 2020 Brochure” is attached herewith for your kind perusal and information.
|Examination Notice : NATA 2020||Nata 2020 Brochure|
|Download NATA 2020 Brochure Click Here|
APPROVED BY COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE
Through Letter Dated 9th July 2018
The Head of the Institution
School Of Architecture – LNCT University
J.K. Hospital And L N Medical College Campus Sarvadharam C – Sector
Kolar Road Bhopal 462042, Madhya Pradesh
Tel/Mob. :0755 – 4049649
|LNCT University, Bhopal||B.Arch.||2018||2020-2021|
Dr. SHEETAL SHARMA
PhD, MUDP, B. Arch
Work Experience: 20 Years
Dr. SHEETAL SHARMA
PhD, M.Plan (U.D.P), Masters In val. B. Arch, M.C.A, FIV, AIIA,
As an academic professional with background in Architecture and Urban Planning. Seeking to build on strong academic teaching and research skills gained through qualifications, studies and 20+ years of independent architectural consultancy projects. Currently posted as Professor in School Of Architecture, LNCT University, Bhopal, a leading academic institution of International reputation based in India. Ambition is to eventually have broad-based academic career including teaching, research, and management responsibilities.
As Head of Architectural Division of M/s Sheetal Sharma and partner in Rohit Sharma & Associates at Bhopal, as many as 65+ Architectural Projects costing totaling ` 465.50 lacs during 1997 to 2007 were executed. The projects were executed independently which also includes architectural designing and field supervision. Firm provided services as Architect, Planner, Valuer of Immovable Properties and Structural Consultancy with profound knowledge and expertise in Valuation of Land & Building including Capital Gain, Wealth Tax, Income Tax and Valuation of immovable Properties for Mortgage purpose.
|Educational Qualification (10th Std. onwards)|
|High School or equivalent||Maharashtra State Board||All Subjects||1990||76.57||Distinction|
|Higher Secondary of equivalent||Maharashtra State Board||Physics, Chemistry, Maths||1992||92.00||Distinction|
|Diploma (if any) –Degree course in Master in Valuation||IIV ( India) Indian Institute of|
|Masters in Valuation||ongoing||–||–|
|Educational Qualification (UG Degree onwards)|
|University / Institution||% of|
|B.Arch||Architecture||Amrawati University Maharashtra||71.72||Ist|
|M.Plan||Urban||Maulana Azad National Institute of||8.81||Distinction||2010|
|Planning||(MANIT -Deemed University),||9.0|
|PhD||Architecture &||Maulana Azad National Institute of||–||2015|
|(MANIT -Deemed University),|
|Master in Valuation|
|Valuation||Indian Institution of Valuers( India)||65.9%||First|
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (22+ years)
- Principal, School of Architecture LNCT University ,Bhopal, India
- Full time Professor in School of Architecture. ( May 2018 to date)
- Assistant Professor( Contract), Dept of Architecture & Urban Planning, MANIT Bhopal, (January 2015 –May 2018)
- Full time academic teaching of 20-22 lectures in week, with courses in Planning, Architecture. Post-graduate course lecturing-Sustainable Planning, Environmental Planning, Construction, Planning Theories, Project Formulation etc. Management responsibilities including in-charge of class supervision,eventscoordination, training and placement cell, B. Arch Thesis Co- Coordinator, UG-PG accreditation.
- Research and Teaching Assistant, MANIT Bhopal, India (December 2010 – June 2014)
- Research onurban water conservation in the context ofmaster plan and landuseguidelines.Analysis for smart city interventions were carried out including resource management and environmental impact in developed and developing countries. Publication of papers related to climate change and effects of urbanization on natural resources and sustainable planning.
- Independent Architect and Valuer, (April 2006 – January 2015)
- Provided consultancy services as architect, interior designer, urban planner, valuation of immovable properties
- under wealth tax act 34A/B, and structural engineer
- Managing Partner, M/s Rohit Sharma & Associates, India, (January 1998 – March 2006)
- Head of architectural division of M/s Rohit Sharma & Associates (an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company)inIndia, executed 38 projects over the period 1997 – 2007.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS ( Journals)
- Global Climate Change Due to Urbanization and its Impact on Water Resources (April 2012) – ISSN 0971-5444 – Asian Journal of Experimental Sciences, VOL. 26-A, April 2012, Page No. 34-35.
- Study of Variations in Urban and Hydrological Components in Process of Urbanization” Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, Vinay M. Das (July 2013) – (ISSN: 2319-6890), Impact factor 0.421 International Journal of Engineering Research Volume No.2, Issue No. 3, pp: 208-212, 01 July 2013
- Study of Soil: An Important Consideration for Sustainable Settlement Development – In Context of Water Resources Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, Vinay M. Das (2013). – ISSN No.: 0975-8364, Impact factor 0.421 International Journal on Emerging Technologies 4(1): 139-148(2013)
- Statistical change detection in water cycle over two decades and assessment of impact of urbanization on surface and sub-surface water flows.” Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, Vinay M. Das (October 2013) – ISSN Print: 2163-0461, Impact factor 0.14 Open Journal of Modern Hydrology, Vol. #, October 2013, Scientific Research Publishing (SCIRP) page 165-17.
- Change Detection in Natural Water Availability due to increasing built-up area Induction in Urbanization- A case of Bhopal, INDIA. Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, Vinay M. Das (2014). ISSN: 0022-1694, Impact factor 3.654, J. Hydrology, Elsevier International Journal of Hydrology
- Correlating urban system and hydrological system in context of physical planning”Sheetal Sharma (2015). International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Impact factor 3.2, ISSN 2229-5518 (2015) pages 1334-1348
- Quantitative Analysis for change detection in water cycle working due to increasing Built-up area induction in Urbanization and Guidelines for water Management. Sheetal Sharma &Alka Bharat (2011). Innovations in Sustainable Water Management”, March 25/26, 2011, MP Water and Land Management Institute, Bhopal, Pages 53-50.
- Introduction to Environment-based approach to Tourism Planning: a case of Upper Lake: Bhopal Sheetal Sharma (2011). (National Seminar on Historical Tourism in Madhya Pradesh & Employment Opportunities) ISBN: 81-89740-18-0, Sarojini Naidu Girls PG College, Bhopal. (31.10.2011) pages 150- 155.
- Global Climate Change due to Urbanization and its Impact on Water Resources. Sheetal Sharma,Dr. Alka Bharat, Dr. Vinay Mohan Das (2011). National Workshop on Chemistry & Environment Recent advances in Environmental Sciences, 28-29th April, 2012, Career College, Bhopal. Vol-26-A, April 2012.
- Water Sensitive Urban Planning-Correlating Urban and hydrological systems” Dr.Sheetal Sharma – “SPANDREL” Journal of SPA: New Dimensions in Research of Environments for Living. (ISSN 2231- 4601) (accepted)
- Geological Behaviors in urban areas for surface runoff and recharge. Dr. Sheetal Sharma – Journal of Water and Land Development.ISSN 1429-7426; e-ISSN 2083-4535 (accepted and under publication) Scopus Index 1.04
- “Correlating urban system and hydrological system in context of physical planning”Dr. Sheetal Sharma,International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Impact factor 3.2, ISSN 2229-5518 (2015).
- “Effects of urbanization on water resources-facts and figures” Dr.Sheetal Sharma,IJSER Volume 8, Issue 4, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (IJSER) – (ISSN 2229-5518). April 2017 (impact factor 3.8) Published
- Hydrological Modelling of Geological Behaviours in Environmental Planning for Urban Areas, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Geological and Environmental, scholar.waset.org/1999.34/68231 Engineering Vol:4, No:5, 2017, 19-20May 2017 ISIndex 68231 (Published)
- Geological Behaviours in urban areas for surface runoff and recharge Dr. Sheetal Sharma, Open Journal of Soil Science, in Vol. 7 No. 7 of June issue 2017,ISSN Print: 2162-5360, ISSN Online: 2162-5379, June 2017 (SCIrp) Impact factor 1.10
- Geological behaviors in urban areas for surface runoff and recharge. Dr. Sheetal Sharma, Journal of water and land development, PL ISSN 1429-7426; e- ISSN 2083-4535, JWLD- 00260- 2017-01.,SC Imago Journal Rank (SJR) 2015: 0.152
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS ( Conferences)
- Quantitative Analysis for Change Detection in Natural Drainage Working due to Increasing Built up Area induction in Urbanization. Sheetal Sharma, Dr. Alka Bharat, Dr. Vinay Mohan Das (2012). MNIT Jaipur, National Conference on Sustainable Cities in Arid Region: Planning, Design and Management, 26- 28December, 2012, Page No. 130-139.
- Exploring approach to Water Sensitive Urban Planning as a tool to Increase Sustainability of Water in Cities – A case of Bhopal” – Abstract approved for Poster Presentation in Singapore Sheetal Sharma, Dr. Alka Bharat, Dr. Vinay Mohan Das (2013). 2nd International Conference on Water Research, Singapore Expo – 2013 held on 24-27 January, 2013.
- Remote Sensing Image Interpretation Study: Application in Urban Planning based on GIS” Sheetal Sharma (2013). International Conference on Advanced Engineering and Technology by IT Research (ICACSIT) GOA, January 2013, Page No. 1-9.
- Indian Urban Centers in Need for Water Sensitive Urban Planning Approach” Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, V.M.Das V.K. Bhatt (2013). India Water Week”, International Conference Efficient Water Management – Challenges & Opportunities, Ministry of Water Resources, Govt of India, Pg. 193, April 2014 – Delhi.
- Exploring Approach water sensitive Urban planning as a tool to Increase Sustainability of water in cities- A case of Bhopal” Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, V.M.Das (2013). 2nd International Conference on Hydrology and Water Expo held on August 26-27, 2013, USA.
- Exploring Approach to Water Sensitive Urban Planning as a tool to Increase Sustainability of Water in Cities-A Case of Bhopal” Sheetal Sharma, Alka Bharat, V.M.Das (2013). Water and Society 2013 2nd International Conference on Water and Society held on 4 – 6 September 2013, New Forest, UK.
- Variations in natural water availability due to increasing built-up area induction in urbanization- a case of Bhopal, India” Sheetal Sharma (September 15-16, 2014). 3rd International Conference on Hydrology & Meteorology”, at HICC, Hyderabad, India. OMICS Group Conference.
- Walk free public spaces- horizontal as well as vertical’ Dr.Sheetal Sharma.- The Public Sensorium: An Interdisciplinary Conference (GDAPS 2017), An Interdisciplinary Conference on Gender, Disability, Architecture, and Public Spaces – 25-26 July 2017, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur(accepted)
- Study of patterns in surface water flow in urban areas in the context of physical planning in the city of Bhopal, India.12th International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development, Page no 106-124 ISSN No.1849-7535, Book of Proceedings, Economic and Social Development(2016)
- Surface Water Flow of Urban Areas and Sustainable Urban Planning.Dr.Sheetal Sharma,International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological and Geophysical Engineering, [online].World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. April 2016, vol. 112(4). 484 – 498 (2016).
- Water Sensitive Urban Planning-A need for Future, Author Dr.Sheetal Sharma, Proceedings for 3rd Annual International Conference on Urban Planning and Property Development (UPPD 2017)Singapore on October 8 – 11 2017by Global Science and Technology Forum , (Print ISSN: 2425-0112, E-Periodical ISSN: 2425-0201).
- “Conserving Water And Soil Moisture In Cities Using Water Sensitive Urban Planning” held in Paris, France Proceedings of World Summit on C l i m a t e C h a n g e a n d Global Warming, June 21-22- 2018 | Volume 4, ISSN: 2472-, 1921https://climate.euroscicon.com, published by Euroscicon Ltd, ISSN: 2472-1921 ,Author Dr. Sheetal Sharma,
- “Statistical Comparison of Real and Virtual Physical Planning Aspects of Urban Watersheds” 4th International Conference “Urban e- Planning held at Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning – University of Lisbon, 23-24 April 2019, February 2019. https://sites.google.com/view/uep2019- conference/home
- “SMART VS INTELLIGENT & SUSTAIABLE ARCHITECTURAL ENVIRONMENTS” Economy, Sustainable Development, and Energy International Conference (ESDEIC), held in the Queen Margaret University (Edinburgh, United Kingdom), from the 25th to the 27th of June 2018. presented by Dr.Sheetal sharma & Dr. Prafull Sharma.
- “Sustainable Built Environment in Urban catchments” International conference on Urban Development and Wellbeing, ,May 16-17, 2019, in Thimphu, Bhutan. Organized by Centre for Bhutan Studies & GNH.
- Historical Tourism in Madhya Pradesh & Employment Opportunities. Chapter in book- “Introduction to Environmentally based approach to tourism planning: Case of Upper Lake, Bhopal India. (Chapter in Book) – Department of Tourism Govt. of Madhya Pradesh & Krishna Computer & Printers First Edition. ISBN 81-89740-18-0
- Causes & Effects of Urbanization on sub-surface and surface waters (Chapter in Book) – Management of Cities and Regions”, INTECH – In Book “Water Challenges of an Urbanizing World. ISBN 978-953-51- 5581-2 (published)
Research Projects Submitted: (as Co supervisor)
- Research under ‘Technology Submission of PMAY’, For Gujarat & Rajasthan by Department of Architecture and Planning, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal under HSMI (Human Settlement Management Institute) HUDCO, A Govt of India Enterprise) estimating Rs 2152000/- for duration (2017 to 2019)
- Making Villages Smart enough to Restrain Migration, by Department of Architecture and Planning, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal under CSRI, Research Proposal Under Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI), Government of India, Ministry of Science & Technology Department of science & technology estimating Rs 20,03,000/- for duration 2017 to 2020.
Research Projects withTown & Country Planning Bhopal
- “ONE ACRE URBAN FLOOD MODEL” to reduce the flash floods and increase the recharge of present precipitation. This model is at preliminary testing stage and in process of collaboration with CSRI Chennai , TNCP Chennai, Kerala , University of Strathclyde Glasgow and University of Edinburg, Scotland UK.
- “ Smart Vs Intelligent Buildings” comparing the Technological advancement with Passive techniques of Building Energy. Research in this area is being undertaken with colleague from University of Cambridge, UK
- Session Chair (2016)- 18th International Conference on Urban Planning, Regional Development and Information Society, 8-9 April 2016, Dubai, UAE
- Session Chair (2017)- ICAEGES 2017: 19th International Conference on Applied Environmental Geology and Environmental Systems, Dubai (UAE)
- Best Paper Award (2017)- ICAEGES 2017: 19th International Conference on Applied Environmental Geology and Environmental Systems, Dubai (UAE)
- Best Thesis Award (Nominated) (2010)- Prof. V.N.Prasad National Best Thesis Award, ITPI , Delhi,
- Best teacher Award (2015) – 5th September 2015 Education Minister, MP.
- City Corp –Urban Planning (2010) – City Volunteer Technical Corp –JNNURM, Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation. 04.08.2010 to 31.09.2010.
- Resource Person (2015) – Two Days National Seminar on “Smart Cities Planning Challenges” Seminar held on 8-9 October, 2015, IES College, Bhopal.
- Expert Speaker (2016) – 27th Sept 2016, National seminar on solid Waste management, IES College, Bhopal.
- Panel Valuer (Central Bank of India) (2016) – Central Bank of India, Regional Office, Bhopal, dated.
- Guest Speaker (2017) – IES College, Seminar on Environment and Solid Waste.
- Expert Lecture (2017) – EPCO, PGDEM Course.
- Guest Lecture-CSRI-SERC, Madras, December 2017
- Expert Talks-Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras (December 2017)
National Level Programs:
- National Environmental Awareness Program for Water –Bhopal & Jabalpur. Peoples General Association Reg No 5056/98, October 2016 to March 2017.
- NIASA 2017-Coordinated Best thesis awards in Zone 7, for NIASA, held in MANIT, August 2017.
- Organised National Training Program on ” Architecture Aptitude & Education” from 1st to 5th April 2019, School of Architecture , LNCT University, Bhopal.
- Ecocities: Richard Register, New society Pubblishers,Canada ISB-13:978-0-86571-552-3
- INtergrating City Planning and Environmental Improvement (Practicable Strategies for Sustaiable Urban development), 2004, Donal Muller , Gert de Rao, Publisher Ashgate Publishing Limited, Hants, England, ISBN 0-7546-4283-6
- Sustainable Urban Planning , Robert Riddell, 2004,Blacwell Publishing Oxford UK ISBN 1-4051-0289-6.
- Urban Susainability Through Environmental Design-Aprroches to time-people-place responsive Urban Spaces, Kevin Thwaites, Sergio Porta et al, Routledge Publication, London,2007 ISBN 0-0415039547- x(hbk)
- Planning in cities: Sustainability and Growth in the Developing world, Roger Zetter and Rodney White, ITDG Publishing, London UK, 2002 ISBN 1 853395439
- Building Sustainable Urban Settlement, Approches and Cases in eh Developing wolrd by Sam Romaya and Crole RKODI, ITDG Publishing, London UK, 2002 ISBN 1 85339541 2
- Environment and the city, By Peter Roberts, Joe Ravetz ,Routledge Publication, London , 2009 ISBN-13- 978-0-203-4959-2-6(ebk)
- Cities , People and Planet, by Herbert Girardet, Wiley Academy, Great Britain, 2004, ISBN—047085284-
- Urban and regional Planning, Peter Hall, 2007 revised, Routledge Publication, Oxon, ISBN-0-415-21777-
- Plnning for Sustainability, Stephenn Wheeler Routledge Publication, 2013, ISBN- 978-0415-80989-4
- Urban Planning Theory Since 1945, Nigel Tylor
- The Death and lIfe of great American Cities, Jane Jacob
- A Systems View of Planning, JEorge Chadwick
- A Reader in Planning Theory, Andreas Faludi.
- E book- Site planning Analysis and Design handbook, Thomas H Russ
- E book –Site Analysis- A contextual Approach to Sustainable Land planning and Design, James A LAGRO JR
- INCLUSIVE URBAN DESIGN, STREET FOR LIFE, Elizabeth Burton and Lynne Mitchell.
- MCA (Member of Council of Architecture) Registration No. CA / 98 / 23004 (1998 to 2020) Council of Architecture, New Delhi (Statutory Autonomous Body under Govt. of India)
- Registered Valuer, u/s 34 AB of Wealth Tax Act Registration No. CCIT/MP/Cat- I/208/57/08-09 (19.08.2008) Chief Commissioner, Income Tax, Bhopal, MP under Department of Revenue Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, Bhopal (MP)
- Approved Valuer :The Institution of Valuers, India – Membership No. F-7742 (10.04.2010), The Institution of Valuers, India.
- Authorized Architect :License No. AR – 205 (09.08.1999) , Municipal Corporation Bhopal (MP)
- Architect Planner :Registration No. A-69 (16.06.2006) , Department of Town & Country Planning, Govt. of MP, Bhopal (MP)
- ITPI – (Institute of Town Planners, India) – Membership No. 2016-190,(06.08.2016) Institute of Town Planners, India, New Delhi.
- FIIA (Associate Member of Indian Institute of Architects) Membership No.A-12176 (25-07-1998) The Indian Institute of Architects, Mumbai (MH)
- Approved valuer: FIV Fellow Member of Institution of Valuers, India – Membership No. F-7742
- (10.04.2010) ,The Institution of Valuers, India.
- A.M.I. Struct.E.(I) Associate Member of The Institution of Structural Engineer (India) Membership No. AM0756 (16.01.2002) ,The Institution of Structural Engineer (India)
- Life Member Indian Association of Hydrologists, (Roorkee), India- Life Membership No. LM-1737 (20.07.2013) ,Indian Association of Hydrologists, (Roorkee), India
Dr. ANKITA SRIVASTAVA
PhD, MUDP, B. Arch
Work Experience: 14 Years
|1.||Full name||Dr. ANKITA SRIVASTAVA|
|3.||Education|| PhD in Architecture & Planning, MANIT Bhopal, M.P., India|
GATE Qualified Architecture and Planning
M.Plan (Hons) in Urban Development Planning MANIT Bhopal, M.P., India
B.Arch (Hons) in Architecture, DBRA University, Agra, U.P., India
|4.||Publications||07 International Journal Publication|
05 National Journal Publication
|6.||Total work experience||Close proximity with both professional and academic field from 14 Years|
|7.||Certificates and Awards||Landscape Evaluator for central region in India by Green rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment TERI, GRIHA, New Delhi|
Course Certificate by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, ISRO for Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System & Global Navigation Satellite System.
|8.||Membership||Council of Architecture Life Membership|
Bhopal Municipal Corporation. Registered Architect
The Institute of Town Planners (ITPI), India Life time Associate member
The Indian Institute of Architect
Mr. Anant Verma
BE (Civil Engg), ME(Environmetal Engg)
Work Experience: 5 Years
Ar. Aaradhana Mohile
COA Reg No : CA/2001/27868
B.Arch 1987 Nagpur University
Experience: 35 Years of Professional Experience
Ar. Neeraj Mackar
COA Reg No : CA/2002/28903
B.ARCH MITS Gwalior 2000
Experience: 18 Years Professional Experience
Ar. Piyush Joshi
Coa reg no : ca/2005/35926
B.arch 2003 Manit
Experience: 15 Years Professional Experience
|Visiting professor |
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org